Margate Personal Injury Attorney
Living and Driving in Margate, Florida
Margate is a charming city in Broward County that has attracted residents from all around the world. Renowned for its lively and diverse community, Margate boasts high-quality-of-life amenities.
Popular commute routes in Margate include State Road 7, 441, and Margate Boulevard, making this city an activity hub.
Margate is home to several well-recognized industries, including healthcare, retail, and hospitality. Unique local landmarks include Calypso Cove Waterpark, Carolina Golf Club, and many excellent schools.
Justin Morgan Law is a trusted personal injury law firm that’s been serving local clients for over 20 years. If you were harmed by somebody’s careless behavior, we’ll file a claim to help you recover your medical expenses and other costs resulting from the accident.
Call us toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846 to schedule a FREE consultation today.
Understanding Personal Injury Lawsuits
Personal injury claims/lawsuits are civil legal actions to pursue compensation for harm caused by someone else's reckless actions or misconduct. This includes dog bites, car accidents, slip-and-falls, and other types of accidents.
Common personal injury claims
- Car accidents are one of the main sources of personal injury claims. Careless drivers who don’t follow the rules cause catastrophic injuries and disabilities that may require lifelong treatment.
- Truck accidents can have devastating repercussions, often leading to severe injuries or death. These are complex cases, and trucking companies may be liable for your injuries if they hired unsafe drivers or failed to regularly service their trucks.
- Motorcycle accidents often result in severe injuries due to inadequate protection for riders. When careless automobile drivers crash into motorcycles, riders may suffer spinal cord injuries, loss of limb, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and other serious consequences.
- Slip-and-fall/premises liability: Slip-and-fall accidents occur on someone else's property and result in severe injuries. Property owners are obligated to ensure visitor safety on their premises by eliminating hazards such as loose steps, sharp edges, and broken handrails.
- Wrongful death claims: Careless actions may lead to fatal injuries. When this occurs, surviving family members can file a wrongful death claim to recover funeral expenses, loss of companionship, loss of support, and other damages.
Determining Accident Liability in Margate
In a personal injury claim, liability or fault is based on negligence, which occurs when someone fails to exercise reasonable care. Your attorney will investigate the accident and file a claim against anyone whose negligent actions caused you harm.
Steps to Ensure Maximum Compensation in Margate
If you have been involved in an accident in Margate, it’s crucial to take these steps to protect your rights and ensure the highest level of compensation:
- Seek medical attention: Your health should always come first after an accident, so visit a physician even if you think everything is alright.
- Document the incident: Take photos, gather insurance information from all parties involved, collect contact information from witnesses, and write out your account of what happened.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer: Don’t make any statements or accept any offers from insurance agents until you’ve met with your attorney.
Compensation for Personal Injuries in Margate
If you have been injured as the result of someone else's negligence, compensation could be available in Margate. An experienced Margate Personal Injury Lawyer will go over your options regarding compensation, which may include:
- Medical expenses: This covers any costs related to your injury, such as surgeries, hospital stays, medical devices, and rehabilitation.
- Loss of income: If an injury prevents you from working, compensation can be awarded for lost wages as well as future earnings when it becomes impossible for you to return to work.
- Pain and suffering: This form of compensation aims to address both physical and emotional harm caused by your injury, such as disfigurement, long-term pain, and PTSD.
- Property damage: Compensation may be available if any damage to your property occurred as part of an injury-related incident.
- Punitive Damages: When the defendant displays gross negligence, a judge can award punitive damages to penalize those responsible and discourage others from acting in a similar manner.
We’ve Collected Over $100 Million for Our Clients
The experienced trial attorneys at Justin Morgan Law know how to take on the big insurance companies and win.
The talented litigators at Justin Morgan Law will fight tirelessly on your behalf. We’ve recovered over $100 million in compensation for our clients. Our team has been helping people get the money they need to put their lives back together for over 20 years.
Contact Justin Morgan Law today toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846 to schedule a free consultation and explore how we can assist in getting justice on your behalf.