Weston Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
We Fight on Behalf of the Injured
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports 32 individuals die every day in drunk driving accidents – a rate of about one death every 45 minutes, with countless others severely injured. If you were injured in a drunk driving accident, you need to seek skilled legal counsel as soon as possible.
An experienced Personal Injury Attorney could fight for your right to fair and full compensation to help you move forward with your life. At Justin Morgan Law, our Weston, Florida Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys could provide experienced and knowledgeable representation during this difficult time. For a free initial consultation, call us toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846.
The Most Common DUI Accidents
Alcohol consumption can profoundly impact an individual’s reaction time, vision, coordination, and ability to judge the distance or the speed of other vehicles. Some of the most common types of drunk driving accidents include:
- Head-on collisions: Drunk drivers can easily become drowsy or distracted, and they may not realize that they are swerving into oncoming traffic, which could lead to a head-on collision. Oftentimes, these accidents either lead to catastrophic injuries or fatalities.
- Rear-end collisions: Due to their slowed reaction time, drunk drivers are also far more likely to rear-end other vehicles, especially when they drive more aggressively and tailgate.
- Pedestrian accidents: Drunk drivers usually have impaired vision, and in the dark, it can be especially difficult to see pedestrians, which can lead to fatal accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycles are often already challenging for motorists to see on the road due to their size. When motorists are intoxicated, however, it can be an even more dangerous situation, resulting in accidents.
Different Types of DUI Accident-Related Injuries
You could sustain a wide range of injuries when involved in a DUI accident. In many cases, the injuries are severe, requiring extensive medical treatment and a long and painful recovery time, or leave an innocent individual with permanent impairments.
Here are the most common injuries sustained in DUI accidents:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: These are some of the most common injuries. Whether you have a closed head injury, such as a concussion, or an open head wound, such as a fractured skull, they can have a severe impact on your life and ability to perform daily tasks.
- Spinal cord injuries: A severe spinal cord injury could potentially lead to partial or total paralysis, irreparably changing a person’s life. Even a relatively minor spinal cord injury could result in severe chronic pain.
- Amputations and severe limb injuries: Another common type of injury in a DUI accident is a limb injury. In some cases, a victim’s arm or leg may require extensive surgery or, if the damage is too great, it may have to be amputated.
- Organ damage: Internal injuries can potentially be fatal. In a drunk driving accident, you could rupture your lungs, spleen, or kidneys, and require life-saving surgery.
- Soft tissue injuries: These types of injuries affect the ligaments, muscles, and tendons and can severely impact mobility. Severe lacerations can leave disfiguring facial scars.
- Burns: Vehicles can catch fire in a serious drunk driving accident, which can lead to burn injuries and permanent disfigurement.
Seeking Compensation for Your Injuries
If you were injured in a DUI accident in Weston, Florida, you have the right to seek full compensation for your injuries. The types of compensation pursued in a personal injury claim or lawsuit include but are not limited to:
- Medical expenses related to your injuries, including any surgeries or treatments necessary, now and in the future.
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity if you are unable to work or perform the duties of your profession.
- Pain and suffering, emotional anguish, loss of quality of life, and other personal losses.
- Wrongful death in cases where a DUI accident leads to a fatality.
The drunk driver who was responsible for the accident does not have to be charged with a crime for you to have a valid personal injury claim. It is a civil claim that is processed separately from any criminal charges the negligent driver faces.
Schedule a Consultation with an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you were injured by an intoxicated driver, or you lost a loved one to a DUI accident, it is imperative to ensure you have the help of a skilled Weston, Florida Car Accident Attorney. At Justin Morgan Law, our experienced legal team could provide the advice and guidance you need to navigate your case, and help you seek justice and full compensation, with dedication to you and your family. For a free consultation with our firm, call us toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846 today.