North Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney
North Lauderdale: A Thriving Community
North Lauderdale is an emerging community located in Broward County, Florida. Renowned for its rapid growth, charming neighborhoods, and bustling industries, North Lauderdale makes an excellent place to live and work.
Boasting convenient highway access, residents of North Lauderdale enjoy swift travel times to popular locations like Fort Lauderdale and Miami.
The city is home to an array of industries. Many residents in North Lauderdale work at healthcare facilities like Westside Regional Medical Center and shop at retailers such as Walmart and Target.
Like all communities, sometimes injuries occur in North Lauderdale. Justin Morgan Law stands ready to assist victims who've been injured in an accident. We’ll file a claim against anyone whose negligent actions contributed to your injuries to help you get the money you need to cover your medical bills and other expenses.
Call us toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846 to learn more today.
What is a Personal Injury Claim?
A Personal Injury claim/lawsuit allows you to seek damages if you were harmed by another person’s negligence or wrongdoing. Examples include an intoxicated driver who ran a stop sign and crashed into you, a neighbor who allowed their vicious dog to roam free and bite you, or a business that neglected to warn customers about a slippery floor.
Common Personal Injury Claims in North Lauderdale
- Car accidents: A primary source of Personal Injury claims are car accidents which often result in severe injuries and even death. Common injuries include bone fractures, whiplash, loss of limb, and internal organ damage.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents are more likely than car accidents to result in severe injuries and fatalities due to a truck’s size, weight, and increased stopping distance.
- Motorcycle accidents: Drivers who make careless maneuvers and fail to look out for motorcycles cause catastrophic injuries, including Traumatic Brain Injuries, amputations, and crush injuries.
- Slip-and-falls/premises liability: Property owners are required to eliminate hazards that may cause injury, such as missing steps, broken handrails, and sharp objects. Slip-and-fall accidents may cause broken bones and serious neck, back, and brain injuries.
- Wrongful death: If someone dies due to someone else's negligence or wrongdoing, the family of the deceased may have grounds to file a wrongful death claim to recover funeral costs, loss of companionships, and loss of support.
Liability Determination in North Lauderdale Personal Injury Cases
Finding out who’s to blame after an accident can be complicated. Liability in North Lauderdale Personal Injury cases is typically determined through analysis of factors like negligence, fault, and causation. If one party was negligent and their action led to another person's injury, they may be held accountable.
Steps To Ensure Maximum Compensation
Following an accident, you’ll want to take the necessary steps to secure maximum compensation in a Personal Injury claim. Here are some key points for doing so:
- Seek medical help: It’s crucial that your health comes first. Visit a doctor right away so they can document any injuries.
- Gather evidence: Collect important evidence such as insurance information for all parties involved, photos of the accident scene, eyewitness accounts, witness contact information, and police reports.
- Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in North Lauderdale: Working with an experienced North Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney can be invaluable when navigating the legal process and protecting your rights.
- Do not provide a statement: Avoid giving an insurance company recorded statements until you've had time to consult with an attorney, and let your attorney do all the negotiating with insurance company agents.
Compensation for Personal Injuries in North Lauderdale
A Personal Injury claim seeks damages for losses caused by the accident to help you recover both physically and financially. Compensation may include:
Personal injury victims often incur serious medical expenses as a result of their injuries. You may be eligible to receive money to cover the cost of hospital stays, surgery, rehabilitation, physical therapy, ambulance rides, doctor’s office visits, and other treatments.
Loss of Income
Injury victims who can’t work due to their injuries and encounter a loss of income often qualify for this form of compensation. This may include loss of wages and reduced future earnings potential.
Pain and Suffering
Victims of Personal Injuries can experience both physical and emotional trauma due to their injuries. This form of compensation aims to ease discomfort caused by factors such as scarring, disfigurement, PTSD, and long-term pain.
Personal Injury victims may also incur damages to their personal property as a result of an accident. Compensation can help cover costs related to repairing or replacing their damaged or destroyed property.
If the person who harmed you committed an act of “gross negligence, maliciousness, or fraud,” you may be eligible for additional remuneration in the form of punitive damages. These damages are meant to punish offenders and deter similar conduct in the future.
Call for a Free Consultation Today
For over 20 years, the experienced trial attorneys at Justin Morgan Law have been helping accident victims get the money they need to start putting their lives back together.
The talented litigators at Justin Morgan Law will fight tirelessly on your behalf. We’ve recovered over $100 million in compensation for our clients. Our team has been helping people get the money they need to put their lives back together for over 20 years.
Contact Justin Morgan Law today toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846 to schedule a free consultation and explore how we can assist in getting justice on your behalf.