Plantation Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal Injuries in Plantation
Plantation, Florida is a charming city located in Broward County. Renowned for its lush greenery and friendly neighborhoods, Plantation has become an admirable destination for families and retirees. Plantation residents enjoy various outdoor activities, such as hiking in Plantation Preserve Linear Trail and Tree Tops Park, shopping at Broward Mall, and playing golf at Jacaranda Golf Club.
Commuting to work is made convenient with easy access to major highways like I-595 and the Florida Turnpike. Plantation is home to a range of industries, such as healthcare, hospitality, and retail. Notable landmarks include the Plantation Historical Museum and Frank Veltri Tennis Center.
Justin Morgan Law is a highly-rated personal injury law firm located in Plantation that strives to serve its community with compassion and excellence. With over 20 years of experience, Justin Morgan is passionate about seeing clients receive the compensation they deserve. For an appointment or consultation, call us toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846 today.
What Are Personal Injury Claims?
When an individual suffers physical, mental, or emotional damage as a result of someone else's carelessness or deliberate conduct, it leads to a personal injury claim / lawsuit.
They can cover a wide range of incidents such as car accidents, slip-and-falls, and wrongful death. In Florida, some specific laws and regulations impact how a case is resolved.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Plantation, Florida
- Car Accidents: In Plantation and across Florida, personal injury claims are frequently caused by car accidents, making them a primary contributing factor. An array of injuries can be caused by them, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to more severe ones such as broken bones, injuries to the spinal cord, and traumatic brain injuries.
- Truck Accidents: Truck accidents are similar to car accidents in that they involve larger vehicles and cause more severe injuries. Due to their size and weight, trucks have the potential for causing extensive property damage, catastrophic injuries, or even death.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents are unfortunately commonplace in Florida due to its warm climate and scenic routes. Sadly, motorcycles offer little protection when involved in an accident, which often leads to severe injuries or fatalities.
- Slip-and-Falls/Premises Liability: Property owners are legally responsible for maintaining a secure environment. Should they neglect their duty, they could be held responsible for any harm arising from such negligence.
- Wrongful Death: Wrongful death claims can occur when someone is killed due to one’s negligence or deliberate actions. Surviving family members may bring these claims and seek compensation for medical expenses, funeral costs, and more.
Liability Determination in Plantation, Florida Personal Injury Cases
When it comes to personal injury cases in Plantation, Florida, liability is determined by negligence. That means if someone's careless or reckless behavior caused another person's injuries, they could be held accountable for the damages sustained.
Steps to Take After a Plantation Personal Injury Accident
If you have been injured in a personal injury accident in Plantation, Florida, there are several steps you should take to make sure you receive the maximum compensation available:
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health should always come first. Get medical help as soon as possible, even if you do not believe your injuries are severe. Doing this will enable you to keep a record of all injuries and treatments received.
- Document the Accident: Take pictures of the accident scene, including any damage to your car or other property and any visible injuries you have suffered.
- Contacting a Personal Injury Attorney: It is crucial to speak with a Personal Injury Attorney at the earliest opportunity. They can guide you through the legal process and help determine liability and any compensation that may be due.
- Document the incident: Take photos, gather insurance information from all parties involved, collect contact information from witnesses, and write out your account of what happened.
- Maintain Records: Make a record of any expenses related to an accident, such as medical bills, lost wages, and vehicle repairs.
Compensations Available for Personal Injury Cases in Plantation, Florida
If you have sustained injuries due to an accident, you might qualify for reimbursement to address your medical bills. This could include hospital bills, doctor's fees, physical therapy, medication, and any other costs associated with your treatment.
Lost Wages and Future Income
If your injuries have hindered you from working, you may qualify for compensation for your lost wages. Additionally, if your injuries have caused a permanent impairment in your ability to work, you could receive compensation in the form of future earnings.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering refers to any physical and psychological distress you may endure as a result of your injuries. If these have caused you significant pain, discomfort, or emotional trauma then you may be eligible for compensation for pain and suffering.
If your property has been damaged in an accident, you may be eligible for compensation to cover repairs or replacement expenses.
In certain cases, courts may award punitive damages to punish an at-fault party for their reckless or intentional actions. Punitive damages are intended to deter similar behavior in the future.
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one due to an accident, you may be eligible for compensation for their wrongful death. This could include funeral expenses, medical bills, lost income, and other damages.
Require a Lawyer for Personal Injury? We'll Assist
A Plantation Personal Injury Attorney can guide you through the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve after suffering an injury due to someone else's carelessness.
Justin Morgan Law has the necessary expertise to handle diverse personal injury cases, owing to their years of experience and a track record of successful settlements and verdicts.
The talented litigators at Justin Morgan Law will fight tirelessly on your behalf. We’ve recovered over $100 million in compensation for our clients. Our team has been helping people get the money they need to put their lives back together for over 20 years.
Contact Justin Morgan Law today toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846 to schedule a free consultation and explore how we can assist in getting justice on your behalf.