Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney
Personal Injuries in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, located along Florida's stunning coastline, is known for its sandy beaches, exciting arts scenes, and thrilling nightlife. As a popular tourist destination, it has an impressive economy that supports various industries including healthcare services and technology.
Residents and visitors enjoy visiting the iconic Bonnet House Museum & Gardens or taking a leisurely drive down Las Olas Boulevard with all its shops, restaurants, and galleries.
Life in Fort Lauderdale comes with its share of challenges, particularly on the busy roads and highways of the region. As thousands of daily commuters travel I-95, Florida Turnpike, and other major thoroughfares, there is always the risk of car accidents or personal injuries to contend with.
Justin Morgan Law is a trusted legal advocate who understands your personal needs and concerns. Our firm provides compassionate and effective representation for those who have suffered personal injuries.
With over 20 years of experience, an impressive track record of success, and an unwavering commitment to our community, we will guide you through any difficulties that may arise during your case.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in Fort Lauderdale, don't hesitate to reach out to Justin Morgan Law by calling us toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846. Our team will fight to get you the resources you need to put your life back together after an accident.
What is a Personal Injury Claim?
If you were harmed by someone’s careless behavior, your attorney will file a personal injury claim to recover damages for the losses you have suffered. For example, if an intoxicated driver ran a red light and crashed into you while you were driving home, the damages would cover the cost of your medical care and other expenses such as time missed from work.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Fort Lauderdale
- Car Accidents. Car accidents are one of the most frequent types of personal injury claims. They can range from minor fender-benders to catastrophic collisions that cause severe injury or death. If you have sustained injuries in an automobile crash caused by someone else's negligence, you may be eligible to receive compensation for expenses related to medical treatment, lost income, and other costs.
- Truck Accidents. The magnitude and massive size of commercial trucks make truck accidents potentially more catastrophic compared to car accidents. These incidents may be caused by driver fatigue, improper maintenance, or other factors. If you've been injured in a truck accident, our attorneys can help pursue legal claims against the trucking company, driver, or other parties responsible for your injuries.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Due to their increased susceptibility to serious injury or even fatality, motorcycle accidents present a heightened level of danger for riders. If someone else's negligence caused your motorcycle accident, you may be eligible for compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, and more.
- Slip-and-Falls/Premises Liability. It is the duty of property owners to ensure that their premises are safe for visitors. If you've been injured in a slip-and-fall accident or another premises liability incident, such as a dog bite or swimming pool accident, you may have grounds to pursue legal action against the property owner.
- Wrongful Death. If your loved one's death was caused by another person's negligence, you may be able to pursue a wrongful death claim. This type of lawsuit compensates for your loved one's medical bills, funeral costs, reduced income, and other losses.
How Liability is Determined
Liability in personal injury cases is determined by negligence. A defendant who causes an accident is guilty of negligence when they fail to exercise reasonable care.
To establish liability, your Personal Injury Attorney will collect evidence such as witness statements, photographs of the scene of impact, police reports, and surveillance camera video.
Steps to Take After an Accident
Step 1: Seek Medical Attention
The initial and most crucial step after an accident is to seek medical assistance. Having a healthcare professional examine you, regardless of how you feel, will ensure that there are no concealed injuries. Your medical report is invaluable evidence in your claim/lawsuit.
Step 2: Contact a Law Firm
The next step is connecting with an experienced Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney at Justin Morgan Law. We will guide you through the legal process and file a claim to help you receive compensation that covers your medical bills and other expenses such as time missed from work.
Step 3: Document Everything
You will want to document everything related to an accident, including taking photographs of the scene, exchanging insurance information with the other drivers involved, gathering contact information from any witnesses, and keeping records of all your medical bills and expenses.
Step 4: Don't Acknowledge Fault
Don’t make any statements to an insurance company agent and don’t sign any agreements! Let your attorney do all the negotiating.
Step 5: Follow Your Doctor's Orders
It is important to heed your doctor's orders and attend all scheduled appointments. Failure to do so could significantly weaken and harm your claim.
Forms of Compensation Available
One common form of compensation is for medical expenses. This covers any expenses connected with your treatment, such as hospital bills, doctor's appointments, medications, and physical therapy sessions.
Loss of Future Income
If your injuries have left you unable to work, you may be eligible for compensation that covers loss of future earnings and reduced earning capacity.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering compensation is awarded for physical, emotional, and mental anguish, loss of enjoyment of life, and distress caused by an accident.
If any of your personal belongings, such as a car or other items, were damaged in an accident, you may be eligible for compensation to cover repairs or replacement expenses.
Punitive damages may be awarded as punishment against the defendant. This type of award is given when the defendant commits an act of gross negligence.
Call for a Free Consultation Today
The person who harmed you should have to pay for what they did. The talented litigators at Justin Morgan Law will fight tirelessly on your behalf. We’ve recovered over $100 million in compensation for our clients. Our team has been helping people get the money they need to put their lives back together for over 20 years.
Contact Justin Morgan Law today toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846 to schedule a free consultation and explore how we can assist in getting justice on your behalf.