Delray Beach Personal Injury Attorney
Discover Delray Beach: A Thriving Community
Delray Beach, a coastal city in Palm Beach County, is home to a diverse community and a vibrant economy. Boasting stunning beaches, as well as notable landmarks like the Delray Beach Tennis Center, you can always find something fun or interesting happening here.
Residents enjoy living a relaxing coastal lifestyle at Delray Beach, and many commuters come here to work in tourism, healthcare, finance, and other industries.
Justin Morgan Law can provide assistance if you were harmed by an accident in Delray Beach. Our skilled team represents people who’ve been injured in all types of accidents, including motor vehicle crashes and slip-and-falls.
Justin Morgan has over 20 years of personal injury law experience. By providing personalized attention and an unwavering commitment to justice, Justin Morgan Law fights to get you fair compensation.
Contact Justin Morgan Law today toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846 for a FREE consultation. Our team stands ready to provide you with guidance and support.
Personal Injury Claims: The basics
If you were injured due to another person’s careless behavior, you have the right to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for your losses. Our firm frequently handles cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip-and-falls, and wrongful death claims.
Common Personal Injury Claims in Delray Beach
- Car accidents. Car accidents in Delray Beach often result in personal injury. You may be suffering from serious injuries caused by someone else’s reckless actions, such as speeding, distracted driving, tailgating, DUI, unsafe passing, or running a red light.
- Truck accidents. With so many commercial trucks on Delray Beach’s roads, truck accidents are a leading cause of personal injuries. Trucks crashes cause devastating injuries. Trucking companies are often liable for accidents because they try to increase their profits by refusing to properly service their fleet, hiring unsafe drivers, and encouraging employees to log too many hours.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle riders are especially vulnerable to injuries when they are struck by a motor vehicle. Most motorcycle riders follow the rules, and collisions are frequently caused by motorists who aren’t paying attention. When drivers make unsafe lane changes or turn right into you, motorcycle riders can suffer devastating injuries.
- Slip-and-falls/premises liability. If you were injured by unsafe conditions when visiting a business, inside someone’s home, or walking around your apartment complex, your attorney can file a premises liability claim on your behalf. Objects with sharp edges, loose handrails along stairways, and sliding glass doors that don’t have stickers to make them visible are all foreseeable hazards that should be promptly addressed by property owners.
- Wrongful death. Losing a loved one is never an easy experience, but when someone else's negligence causes their death, it can be especially difficult. Surviving family members may file a claim for loss of companionship, funeral expenses, lost income, and other damages.
Determining Liability in a Personal Injury Case
As soon as a personal injury occurs, it's crucial to find out who was at fault. This is known as liability determination. Your Delray Beach Personal Injury Attorney will investigate the accident, interview eyewitnesses, and collect evidence such as surveillance video from traffic cameras.
Your attorney will file a claim/lawsuit against anyone whose negligent behavior contributed to your injuries. This may be an individual, company, or government entity.
Steps to take following a Delray Beach Accident
- Seek medical assistance immediately: Visit your doctor and make sure you tell them about any symptoms you have or pain you may be feeling. Brain injuries, whiplash, and other conditions may grow worse over time.
- Gather evidence at the scene: This can include taking photographs, getting the other driver’s insurance information, collecting witness contact information, and creating a written account of what transpired.
- Contact a Delray Beach Personal Injury Attorney: Don’t accept any offers from the insurance company and don’t sign any agreements until you’ve spoken with your attorney.
- Keep records: Make sure to keep track of all medical expenses, lost wages, vehicle damage, and other costs caused by the accident.
Compensation Available in Delray Beach Personal Injury Claims
- Medical bills: Your medical bills include hospital fees, doctor’s office visits, and medication costs.
- Loss of wages: If your injury has resulted in missed work and lost income, including past and future lost wages, compensation may be available for these amounts.
- Pain and suffering compensation: This award can provide compensation for both physical and psychological harm caused by your accident.
- Property damage: If your personal injury caused damage to any of your personal property, like a car, you may be entitled to compensation for repair or replacement costs.
- Punitive damages: When personal injuries result from intentional or reckless acts by another party, courts can award punitive damages as an effective form of punishment and deterrence to similar conduct in future.
We’ve Won Over $100 Million for Our Clients
Personal injuries can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, but Justin Morgan Law will provide expert guidance.
The talented litigators at Justin Morgan Law will fight tirelessly on your behalf. We’ve recovered over $100 million in compensation for our clients. Our team has been helping people get the money they need to put their lives back together for over 20 years.
Contact Justin Morgan Law today toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846 to schedule a free consultation and explore how we can assist in getting justice on your behalf.