Home Insurance Law

Weston Insurance Law Attorneys

A Weston Insurance Law Lawyer at Justin Morgan Law Explains Complexities of Insurance Law in Florida

All insurance is a good/bad scenario. It's bad when you have to pay high fees for coverage, and it's good when the damage done as a result of unfortunate circumstances is covered and paid for by the insurance company. Key word here is “paid” for by insurance companies. Many insurance companies look for every reason possible not to pay for a claim.

What is PIP in Florida?

What is PIP Insurance?

Florida is a no-fault state for a portion of an automobile accident claim, meaning that determining fault is not required for payment of certain insurance benefits. This is a very strange concept to many folks encountering their first automobile injury accident claim in Florida.

Standard Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance will cover up to $10,000.00 in medical bills incurred due to injuries from an automobile accident. Think of PIP as a health insurance policy with a $10,000.00 limit. However, standard PIP coverage only pays for 80% of allowed medical bills, leaving a 20% co-pay, and there may also be a deductible of up to $1,000.00.

The amounts not paid or covered by PIP becomes a damage to be claimed against the at fault driver or their insurance company, and Justin Morgan Law pursues all damages and all insurance policies with the goal of making a client whole by the time a case is over.

Many automobile insurance companies look for every reason possible not to pay a PIP claim. Justin Morgan Law has been practicing Florida PIP law for over 20 years, and has handled many tens of thousands PIP claims, and litigated many thousands of lawsuits related to PIP benefits. Justin Morgan Law is so experienced in handling PIP claims, we are often hired by doctors offices to ensure they get properly paid by PIP insurance companies.

Florida Insurance Disputes

Of course, along with insurance come various types of fraud and abuse. Insurers are expected to handle claims in good faith, meaning they are obligated by law to quickly and diligently investigate damage claims and to pay benefits afforded under the policy when damages have occurred. Once an insurance company determines that losses have occurred and are covered by the policy, the insurance company is required to settle the claim immediately and issue payment.

Delaying and Denying Tactics

Unfortunately, insurance companies may purposefully drag out the process by delaying an inspection or demanding additional inspections or documentation without any reasonable explanation for why they are engaging in such delaying tactics. In other cases, the carrier may outright deny the claim without a proper investigation or establish coverage liability but offer significantly undervalued claims with the lure of quick money. Nonetheless, a Weston insurance law attorney at Justin Morgan Law will represent you against insurance companies that are trying to employ these tactics.

PIP Disputes

A PIP insurance company is obligated by law to pay claims within 30 days of receipt. If the bill is not paid within 30 days, the law affords you the right to seek collection against the insurance company. However, the benefits are limited, so it becomes essential to seek legal guidance from a Weston insurance law attorney at Justin Morgan Law. We'll make sure that your insurance carrier pays your claim immediately.

How Can Justin Morgan Law Help Me if I'm Disputing an Insurance Company?

We understand Florida's insurance laws and work diligently to keep up with any changes. Contact us before speaking with an insurance company, and you can deflect all inquiries by simply stating, “speak with my lawyer.” Above all, under no circumstances should you sign any paperwork or agree to make a recorded statement.

Contact A Weston Insurance Law Lawyer at Justin Morgan Law Today

There are time limits for filing a claim, so contact us as quickly as possible by calling toll-free at 1-800-9JUSTIN or 1-800-958-7846. A Weston insurance law attorney at Justin Morgan Law will handle the insurance company and fight to deliver the best possible results for you. There is no cost, risk, or obligation for you. We offer free consultations and will not charge you unless we receive favorable results. We are multilingual, and although most of our clients come from the tri-county South Florida area, we do regularly represent clients throughout the state of Florida.

“Justin and his team go above and beyond for their clients, always on top of every detail. After an awful accident they made sure I had everything taken car of, from car rental to doctor appointments. Very grateful to have found them during this time.”
- Nicolas Jaime